Eureka Nature

For posting information about natural history events in and around Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fourth of July

My efforts to sell some Bluebird houses made from the leftovers of the cedar deck fencing were pretty much rained out. I still have ten left, so if you want one, leave a phone number in the comments (I won't let it post) or try an email through my profile. The good part was sitting around in the wet and just watching the afternoon activity. Saw a Kingfisher, which was not doing its rattle call. That might explain why I haven't been catching them much lately. But the best news was after the fireworks, when I heard a Chuck-will's-widow calling from across the lake. It's a new species for the Lake Leatherwood list. It now stands at 193 species. Just need few more to make 200, and think that a Great-horned Owl, Red-breasted Nuthatch, and a Common Loon shouldn't be too hard. Beyond that I just need some luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home