Eureka Nature

For posting information about natural history events in and around Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Birding on Monday

I did the Sunday survey on Monday. Very strange, not a single woodpecker. Still 53 species and all the ducks but woodies are gone. One really neat thing was several Blackpoll Warblers, left from Saturday, and at least three Chestnut-sided Warblers and then another when I got to town. Not much else as far as migrants. The dense foliage is a problem as far as spotting motion up high, so I'm betting I'm missing some good sightings. I haven't found the Lazuli Bunting again, but one is coming to a feeder at the Elk Education Center in Ponca. Apparently a lot have been blown this way by the series of big storms blowing through; there were reports in eastern Kansas too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home