Eureka Nature

For posting information about natural history events in and around Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

After the Flood

I had three inches at my house, and I think Eureka may have been over four. Leatherwood Creek was bank-to-bank again, with lots of flooding over trails and re-arranging of flotsam. I ended up wading, wet to my knees, hoping for some fallout. That's when the north-bound birds hit heavy weather and go to ground in unusual concentrations. It didn't happen. But I did find a number of new birds for the year. The following is just the things not seen on Sunday.

Chimney Swifts
Many Tree Swallows
Cliff Swallows, a few
Magnolia Warbler
Pine Warbler
Gray Catbird
Broad-wing Hawk
Red-shouldered Hawk
Common Yellowthroat
Tennessee Warbler
Baltimore Oriole

That makes another ten species in the last three days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home