Eureka Nature

For posting information about natural history events in and around Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Jacob's Ladder and Sunday update


Jacob's Ladder1
Originally uploaded by Jettpakk1.
Some migrant birds are setting up territories, mostly Norhern Parulas, Louisiana Waterthrushes, Chipping Sparrows, and Blue-gray Gnatcatchers. The Paw-paws are blooming, I'll get a photo soon, and I had the first Dragonfly today. At my house in the country, I heard the first Whip-poor-will last night, and one closer this morning before sunrise. No real surprises, big flocks of Goldfinches, lots of Ruby-crowned Kinglets, There were small flocks of Coots, Blue-wing Teal, and Northern Shovelers. No seasonal waders yet, nor Spotted Sandpipers, the teeter bird. Wild Ginger is up, and some buds were there, but I didn't find any opened. Other wildflowers were lots of Phlox, and a few Buttercups. Sorry this is not much organized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home