Eureka Nature

For posting information about natural history events in and around Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Sunday Report April 2, 06

Between Sat morning casual counting and the regular Sunday morning survey, I've had 47 species at Lake Leatherwood this weekend. I was very pleased to find a Spotted Sandpiper at its regular place on the sandy wading beach below the bath-house. The last Buffleheads must have left. I had the first Yellow-throated Vireo this morning, plus several each of Parulas, Black-and-Whites, and Louisiana Waterthrushes.

On the wildflower front, there were blooms on some Sorrel, wild Onions, Rue Anemone, Johnny Jump Ups, and Dandelions. Also the first bloom on a Buttercup. There were Spicebush, Tiger and Zebra Swallowtails flying, and the first Dragonfly, a big green one that I haven't figured out an ID on yet. I never got a really close look.

By the way, here's a URL for vulture information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home